Well this year I joined the CBY cookoff team. I have helped David in the past and I thought what the heck I can be a kitchen hand! Well low and behold we won!!!! Out of all the Texas teams we won! Then we went on to the Regional competition, we had two hours to prepare our second dish and we did a mexican shrimp cocktail with a bacon wrapped grilled shrimp on a skewer. We served it up in a margarita glass dipped in Tony's. It was beautiful! We did not win the second round. (The first place team only won by one point) but we did have a beautiful dish and a wonderful time. It was so exciting! (I will add photos later!)
David made it home from Mississippi and I am so glad that he was not at work yesterday! Many thanks to all of those who called to see how he was doing. Sorry, not many people knew that he was out of town, because I don't post his trips prior to them happening here, so only the people that knew because they had heard directly were aware that he was not at the center yesterday.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete