


Ok, I am prepared to start this again. I am not going to try to go back and catch up. That is one reason I have been procrastinating, I am going to give a quick catch up and then I am just going to try to keep up in the future.
Lots has happened since we last spoke. We survived the holidays. I had begged Grant to not make me decorate the yard and so he went and begged several of the neighbors to decorate (without my knowledge) and once I found out I decorated. It was not fun because that was something that we have always done together but I did it and I am glad that I did.
Aubrey has grown up so much, she is now saying some words (mama, baba, nana) these are the only ones that she can say but she can mouth others (she will not be able to really talk until she has her surgery). She has also began to walk, and yesterday she was up to 7 steps on her own. We go back to Texas Children's this Wednesday to see her Doctor again and hopefully we will find something out. It is hard knowing that it is lurking over our heads and not knowing when it is going to happen. She just turned nine months old on the 11th and she is right at 17#'s now.
Grant had a nice time and Santa was good to him. Tonight was his first Baseball practice. We had wanted to last year but we decided to do soccer instead and hold off on baseball to this year. I am trying to keep up that plans that David and I made and this is one of them.
This weekend was busy, we went to a family wedding on Saturday another one of David's triplet cousins got married so two down and one to go! Then we spent Sunday at The Ward's house on the water and enjoyed their community's annual golf cart parade. Grant cleaned up on beads! He had a blast and it was a good way to end the weekend.
I have been attending a Beth Moore Bible Study at Houston First Baptist on Tuesday nights and she is ACTUALLY leading it!!! I cannot even tell you how amazing it has been. She is really speaking to me and I am enjoying her class so much. I have been taking advantage of Mom and Dad still being here with me and I know in the upcoming years I will be tackling this all by myself so I am enjoying it while it lasts (in my defense I do have a special needs baby and it would be extremely difficult to do this all by myself).
I recently had the kid's photos taken by Southern Grace Photography out of Baytown TX and I am so proud of them. I am sorry that I have not been doing a good job but Aubrey is quite demanding and I have been spending lots of quality time with Grant and Aubrey and we are trying to make lots of memories!
Glad to hear from you! Sending good wishes for great news on Weds.
ReplyDeleteWelcome Back ~ So glad to be reading of your fun & family! I have missed you. I still pray for you and your family everyday and keep Aubrey's surgery in my prayer journal. Remember, I had the same surgery! Don't apologize for anything...we're just glad you are back! Love & Prayers and lots of (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteYou are doing a great job Mama! Never doubt yourself!
ReplyDeleteWe are so understanding and just glad you are back! I hope that things continue to become easier and easier for you!
ReplyDeleteFantastic pictures Emily! I can't believe Aubrey's already taking steps!
ReplyDeleteBeen thinking about you, wondering how you all were doing. Aubrey is doing so much! That is terrific. We still have little Riley with us (we are in the process of finalizing our adoption!). The pictures of the kids are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHope to see ya'll soon.
Stephanie