Tuesday, March 01, 2011

3.1.11 -- Cooper

Since I am into updating tonight I will introduce the latest addition to our family. His name is Cooper...



He is a Labradoodle and he was my Christmas present to the kids. I did lost of research this time. Zeke is an Austrailian Shepherd Huskie mix that we adpoted as a puppy from the pound but he is a very difficult dog to keep in the house because he sheds like crazy and mom is allergic to him so we tried to find a more allergy friendly and shed friendly solution this time and Cooper fit the bill!

7 comments:

  1. Oh he is a sweetie! How precious!

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I don't know if you keep this blog anymore - I see your last post was almost a year ago. I am so very sorry to read about the loss of your husband. I am also just amazed because from what I can piece together your husbands story is very similar to my brothers. My 43 y.o. healthy brother entered the hospital in Dallas (I am in Houston too) with a fever and neck swelling the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2009. He died 10 days later from Lymphoma. As you mentioned in your posts, they frist thought it was infection. Like your husband, his kidneys failed and he started dialysis. He was transferred to the ICU and put on a ventilator. Ultimately he died from multi-organ failure. It was shocking and devastating as I know you know. I just have NEVER heard of anyone else going so fast from Lymphoma, so was very interested to read your story. - Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia; from what I understand that is very unusual for Lymphoma. It is interesting that your brothers case was so similiar. thanks for reaching out. Do you have a blog?

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, I don't have a blog. I am just an avid blog reader. I read a lot about grief because it is so hard for me to articulate what it has been like to grieve my brother. We were great freinds as well as siblings. I am a nurse at MD Anderson. I think most people like your husband and my brother never have time to make it to a place like MD Anderson. Things just move so horrifically fast for them. I also beileve that many with aggressive lymphomas are not even properly diagnosed before they die. In fact, we did not know it was lymphoma that took my brother until after he died. We put in his obituary that he died suddenly from a rare infection, because that is the best that we knew at the time. I think you are fortunate in that you at least got a proper diagnosis and knew what you were dealing with. Terrible losses! - Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dallasmorningnews/obituary.aspx?n=gregory-blake-gunnarson&pid=137114530

    My brothers obituary. Thanks for your response. I appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, you write beautifully. Perhaps you might want to share with other widows at a large widows ministry we have online at https://www.facebook.com/AWidowsMight?fref=ts or www.awidowsmight.org. You can reach me at kitring@live.com. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, you write beautifully. Perhaps you might want to share with other widows at a large widows ministry we have online at https://www.facebook.com/AWidowsMight?fref=ts or www.awidowsmight.org. You can reach me at kitring@live.com. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete