We were back at TX Children's today and it made me feel so blessed that Aubrey has a MINOR problem. There are so many seriously ill children out there and I am so blessed that she is so healthy. We found out that they will not do her repair until 8-9 months. They said that it is a rather large cleft and that she needs to grow so that they will have more to work with. I am really rather relieved because I am really dreading her being put under for surgery. Then we met with the Speech Pathologist and discussed the problems that she has the potential to have once she begins speaking and how to direct her in the correct way so that we limit the potential speech problems. We are going to start working with her on baby sign language to help mitigate her frustration and facilitate communication. After we left we spent the remainder of the afternoon in the area and we had lunch at Chuy's and then we went to Central Market to get some groceries. They have the best fresh bread around!
Glad to hear that you are happy with the way Aubrey's MINOR problem is working itself out. My prayers continue to be with you and your family, and I think about you guys often.
ReplyDeleteYUM for Chuys!!
I'm glad everything seems to be going good for you. Thank goodness Aubrey's is a minor problem! I think about you and your family often as well, and only hope good things for you!
ReplyDeleteYou look awesome, NOT like someone that had a baby less than a year ago. You go girl!
ReplyDeleteWe love the cows down there...aren't they cool! Miss Aubrey looks adorable as ever!
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
April
I think that is when baby sign language is good to teach to a baby when you are aware that they might have speech problems. I think that sign language on babies without any problems would just delay their speech.
ReplyDelete