This has been a difficult week for me with many sad spells, the 7 month anniversary of David's departure happened this past week and it is just unbelievable that it has been that long. Today a lady at work asked me how I was doing today because she could tell that I have been having a difficult time. It is so sweet that she reached out to me and said some really kind words when she could have just as easily moved on. Shortly after David's passing she shared with me that her husband had passed away from cancer when her children were small as well. It is so wonderful that God uses people in our lives to touch us and comfort us when we really need it, and to let us know that we really are blessed even in our circumstances.
On to a cheerier subject Miss Aubrey is doing really well. She is so amazing and I cannot even begin to say how thankful I am to have her and Grant. They are the light of my life. Tonight we put her in her bed for the first time and she is so tiny in the monster crib.
Yesterday in the class I am taking at Church they told us that our children know what is important to us by our actions and then they asked us what would your children's answer be if they asked them what was the most important thing to you. Well on the way home I decided to ask Grant and prepared myself for the answer regardless of the outcome. I decided that even if I did not like the answer that I had the power to change it. Well surprising enough the first thing he said was the house (not real sure where this came from) and his second answer was me and Aubrey. Well I was happy that he came up with that and I guess all of the brainwashing has paid off. How would your children answer this question...This last year has really shown me how fragile life is and every moment must be lived to the fullest so that in the end there are no regrets. I can truely say that I have no regrets can you????
I live my life with Carpe Diem always on my mind
ReplyDeleteEmily, I am more than impressed by you. You are utterly amazing. I pray and pray and pray for you. I can't imagine how hard losing David must have been. I find myself always thinking of you and the kids.
ReplyDeleteI am asking my kids this question this evening over dinner... I wonder what they will say?
Thinking of you,
Ashley
http://www.jackspratandhiswife.blogspot.com/