Friday, October 09, 2009

10.09.2009 -- Mercy Me

Last Friday I bought Mercy Me's 10 cd and I believe that it is my all time favorite cd. I love every song on this cd and many have very special meaning now with the happenings in my life.

Tonight I was watching the DVD that came with it and Finally Home came on if you have not heard this song it is beautiful and it starts out saying how he can't wait to hug his fathers neck and tell him about the man that he has become when he finally makes it home. After the first section Grant jumps up and runs out of the room and buries his head in my pillow and is sobbing. I don't know what I was thinking but I cannot believe that he understands and listens to the words and meaning behind them so closely. We cried and hugged and I told him that his Daddy is going to be so proud of him also when he finally makes it home. I told him that I know that it is sad and we miss him so much but that it is so wonderful that we ARE going to get to see him again and this time EVERYTHING will be absolutely perfect!

Finally Home


It has been really difficult working thru all of Grant's emotions and helping him deal with his loss. David was such a wonderful and involved father and that made the loss even greater. It is also difficult knowing that Aubrey will never know the Father that named her and loved her so much this side of eternity.


9 comments:

  1. My goodness Emily, that certainly is a tear jerker. I loved the song, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,

    I rejoice and cry with you at the same time.

    God Bless you and your family.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to say except that your family is in my prayers. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think about you and the kids everyday, while at the same time wishing David was still here for you, and all of us. I admire you for your personal strength and faith in getting thru this and going on.
    Love from us-
    Sheila, Sean, Lauren and Mason

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so strong, Emily...but I can only imagine how tough this has been and continues to be. You and the kids are in our prayers. You are loved. I know David is proud of you. I'm sorry that you have to do life without him. Heaven will be awesome. XOXOXO-misty:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm praying for you all as you tread this difficult path. God bless you all.

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing a fine job mothering, & I often pray for you & your children. Keep encouraged, & try your best to enjoy each of the stages. Lovingly, Lois

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word! That video was beautiful!

    I too lost my husband and my sons lost their father. They were older than your children at the time, but I know many times they still wish they could talk to Dad. Me too!

    I am not sure how you do it, but I am reading you and supporting you from the sidelines. You are such a strong woman.

    Hugs,
    Marie in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. I had to post as anonymous as I couldn't get any of the others to work. Sorry!

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete