Monday, May 11, 2009

5.11.09 -- Aubrey is Here

ONE OF HER FIRST PHOTOS:


IN THE NICU:


Sorry, I originally forgot to add stats:
Weight: 8;2
Length: 18 1/2
Time: 12:32
Date: 5/11/09

Well Aubrey is here, but we have a minor complication and we will once again be asking for prayers. She has a soft pallett cleft pallett and is now in the NICU. This is not what you typically think of, it is not visible from the outside at all, but it will require surgery to correct. She is not eating from the special bottle attachment that they have for this problem so they are having to work with her to try to teach her how to eat and and this was very disapointing but this is a very correctable problem. We live in a city with one of the best medical centers in the world and we have Texas Children's Hospital right here so it looks like we are going to get to take advantage of it. Sorry for the quality it was taken with a BB camera!

39 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!She is beautifull.Been following your blog for a few weeks now.My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family ,with love from Graceville,Fla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Aubrey is beautiful!!! Your family has been in my prayers for weeks now, and will continue to be. I hope she gets the eating part learned quickly, and you are all home and well soon!

    God Bless!

    Bethany in Wyoming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers and thanking God for beautiful Aubrey! The Lord is with you.... Praying from San Diego, CA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful! Well done and congratulations! I will be praying for you all! :-)

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a cutie! Will be praying for all of you.


    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your baby girl! I will continue to pray for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aubrey is so beautiful. I woke up early this morning hoping to see her picture! Praying in Fort Smith Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations she is beautiful! We will continue to pray for your family and sweet Aubrey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet little Aubrey! Praying in New Hampshire for all good things:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the arrival of Aubrey! She is a beautiful baby:o)
    God Bless!

    From Massachusetts

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a precious blessing little aubrey is!! she is beautiful and will be completely restored. praying for you as you begin your new lives together. we will certainly be praying. you are SO not alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! She is adorable, and of course I will be praying for you. Hope you're home soon and all goes well with the minor surgery. How much did she weigh? length? She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aubrey is beautiful ! I am so delighted that she is finally here and we get to see her picture. Sending many more prayers from Birmingham, Alabama for both of you. Hope to see more photos soon.
    Hugs!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! She's a doll! Looks just like her Daddy! Her Guardian Angel will watch over her and protect her through the surgery and teh rest of her life. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aubrey Grace is a precious little beauty. I have been praying for you, Grant and her for months and will continue to do so. I know God's hand will be upon you all through her surgical procedure and praise Him that you have such excellent medical facilities nearby.

    Praying for you in Mississippi

    ReplyDelete
  16. She looks so good.How are you. This is a little thing, my friend's little girl had this. It was hard getting her to eat. She had to sit up. But now she is just fine and sings like a angel. God's blessing for the three of you. Linda in Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Emily, she looks SO MUCH like Grant, don't you think? She is just beautiful! I can't wait to meet her. I will definitely continue to keep her (and you) in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aubrey is beautiful and she probably has a proud big brother to love on her. Will continue to pray for you and that Aubrey will be able to eat for you. Praying in Florida!
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your beautiful girl. She has some special angels watching over her so everything will be great. Sorry that you have to deal with one more thing...but you are being lifted up by prayers from all over...even people like me that you don't even know.
    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a miracle! Precious angel. Praying she will come home soon and be quickly healed. I know you are over the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aubrey is beautiful!! Our youngest son had a fairly severe cleft lip/cleft palate. He was adopted from China at 2 yrs, 8 months and had already had his lip repaired. However, his palate was not repaired until after he came home (actually repaired right after his 3rd birthday). The surgeon did a fantastic job and Wesley now has a complete palate!!

    May God continue to bless you and your beautiful family. We will continue to pray that all goes well and that you and Aubrey will be able to go home VERY soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Wow! She came on her own time ?huh? She is just beautiful.

    I will be praying for her pallett and for everything to be ok.

    I cant wait to hear more details on her birth when you feel like it.

    Congrats to you Mama on your little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My daughter had a cleft palate (of both the hard and soft palates). Aubrey will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations, she is still perfect. Can't wait to see more pictures. I hope your doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. CONGRATS! She's beautiful! Bailey had a sucking problem too (not the same) but she learned and is now a HUGE chunk!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your beautiful girl!! I am glad you are doing well. I will be praying she gets to eating well and everything falls into place. Thank you for updating!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So excited to read this news!!! Congratulations! What a sweet pea! We'll look forward to hearing more about her birth and her treatment when you've had some time to rest!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The boys were soooo excited to see her picture! I can't wait to hear Grant's thoughts! I've been praying since I talked to you last night. Texas Children's has been wonderful to us! It's all going to be fine. Love you guys! April

    ReplyDelete
  29. congrats~she's beautiful. i hope surgery goes very well and i pray that momma is doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations!!!! Aubrey is beautiful we will be praying for her and also you GOD BLESS YOU!!! The Lord is good just remeber that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a precious little one! I was so happy to see a picture. I will be praying for your family.
    Stephanie McCord

    ReplyDelete
  32. She's beautiful and I pray God's touch on her.

    ReplyDelete
  33. She is beautiful, can't wait to see what Grant has to say about being a big brother now!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats!! I've been following your blog for sometime and have praying for you and your family. Your daughter is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Emily and Grant,
    Congratulations on the arrival of beautiful little Aubrey. You have been in my prayers for over 2 months and will continue to be.

    Kate Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  36. Island Girl/WA state5/12/2009 11:10 PM

    Congratulations! She is beautiful and looks like that big brother of hers! Have been following your blog for months, keeping you in my prayers, continued prayers for you and your family during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  37. She is so beautiful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I was born with a soft pallet cleft palate as well. Mine was very severe although from the outside you could tell nothing. I had mine repaired at age 2 and then again this past December (I was 31 yrs old). I have been there, done that & came out with wonderful results. I would be more than happy to talk to you, answer questions/concerns and share my experience with you if you would like. Please feel free to email me at Bamagv@aol.com There are no dumb questions either & I am an open book of what all I have been through. Aubrey is a beautiful little girl and God has big plans for her through all this. Praying for you everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  39. PRAYING!
    xo

    ReplyDelete