Wednesday, May 13, 2009

5.12.09 -- First Family Photo/Grant Meets Aubrey

Here is our first family photo:



Well today Grant was finally able to meet Miss Aubrey. He was so cute becuase he was so excited!



The little tube in her nose is how they feed her and there are quite a few monitor leads coming out of the end of her blanket that you cannot see in the photo.

I wanted to thank all of you out there with sick babies because all of you have enabled me to look at this as a minor hurdle that is VERY correctable and that it could be so much worse. All of you guys have allowed me to realize how bad it actually could be with the struggles that you are facing. My OBGYN came in today and was so upset, she said why did this have to happen to you, you have been thru so much and you don't deserve any more complications. I was able to tell her that this is SO MUCH better than it could have been and that we were ready to take this challange on also.

26 comments:

  1. He looks like an extremely proud big brother! And Miss Aubrey, well she is just beautiful...I wish there was something that could be said to make everything in your world right again, but instead all we can do is pray. Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look beautiful! Miss Aubrey is so pretty and Grant looks chuffed to bits to be a big brother! :-)

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubrey is such a beautiful girl. I love the pic of Aubrey and her big brother; so adorable!
    God Bless to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful! Love this picture!!!

    I will keep your precious child in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your children are beautiful and God has your little one in His hands. All will be well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet pictures:) Grant looks so proud. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is beautiful! Congratulations! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is absolutely beautiful. Congrats! Still praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious, gorgeous little girl she is! Thank you so much for sharing her with all of us. Our daily prayers continue to be with you and your family, especially now for Aubrey's health. We pray that God gives you all His amazing strength and peace.
    Love, Olivia (CA)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited that Aubrey is here! We will pray for her surgery. Our youngest was in the NICU, and it is never expected with a full term baby.

    Kristen
    http://tothblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grant looks like such a happy brother! Aubrey is just beautiful, and you are truly amazing for trying to stay positive and realizing that things could be worse. We are all praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a blessing God has given to you! Aubrey is beautiful just like her mommy and big brother. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Such a beautiful family photo too. Grant is just beaming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. Forgot to mention that we've picked up a little something for Aubrey and Grant from our travels.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to the world sweet Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well we all know that GOD only gives you what you can handle so you know you must be a strong woman.We will be praying for you and your little ones.Just remember that GOD is always there for you when you need him.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are in my prayers. I am very experienced with the NICU so if you have any questions or want the inside scoop, let me know. She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations again! She is gorgeous and you all are so beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What beautiful kids. The pictures are both great but that one of the 3 of you. Grant looks so proud to have you 2. He looks so grown up with his mama and his sister.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What precious pictures of your babies! I will keep Aubrey in my prayers. You are such a strong, brave, Godly Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aubrey is a beautiful baby, and I will keep all of you in my prayers. I stumbled across your blog a couple of months ago, and I enjoy reading about you and your family. Keep those updates and baby pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats and I am praying for you all! Both of your kids are beautiful and I know your husband is proud of you all!!! In Christ-Megan

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful sight. I am humbled by your faith, strength, and attitude. May God cradle you in his mighty hands and my prayer for you would be that you fixate your eyes on Him. When you look down, keep thinking about the analogy of the ladder... it's when you look down that you begin to sway and freeze, but when you look up.. you can keep on going higher. Look up sweet precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations! Aubrey is adorable. I am sure her daddy is smiling down on her and you and Grant from heaven. Praying for peace and support as you deal with her soft cleft pallete and feeding issues.
    Hugs and prayers
    Rachel in PA

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful baby girl - praying for you all over herein the uk. Praying that God will surround you with his love and wrap his loving arms around your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your story breaks my heart and your strength makes it swell with glory. You are setting such a great example for your children.

    ReplyDelete