Sunday, May 17, 2009
5.15.09 -- Going Home
Today I went home from the hospital without my baby. It is amazing how difficult and emotional this is (especially sans husband to calm you down) I cried all the way home, and yet I know that I really want her there in the NICU with the 24/7 nursing staff taking care of her (this is the rational side). I stayed until 10:00 and went to spend time with her before I had them discharge me. Right now all the photos look the same there are only so many photos that you can take in the NICU and they ALL start looking the same. I did get one set of photos that I need to post that were taken after she removed her own feeding tube for the 10,000th time. She keeps ripping it out and they have to put is back, but they typically wait until closer to the next feeding to reinsert it. She is such a little fighter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So anxious to hear how things are going for you and your family. I don't know you but have been follwoing your blog for many months now and praying for you and your children. Please post to let us all know how things are. May God bless your life abudndantly and in unexpected ways.
ReplyDelete