Sunday, May 17, 2009

5/16/09 -- First Day Home

Today was my first day home, and I cannot tell you how good I slept in my temperpedic bed last night for the record it beats the heck out of a hospital bed (big surprise). I waited to go to the hospital until mom got home from work because Grant had a little cough. I did not want to send him to the Zoo with the Church because it is so hot and if he started feeling worse he would be stuck there. When mom got home we went to the hospital to see her and she is SOOOO Cute (have I said this before???) and I just sat there and held her I could just inhale her (sorry this is the only way I can describe how good it feels to hold her), I cannot believe that you can love two precious little humans so much.

Today I had an epiphany I realized why God had allowed Aubrey to be special, not that I have questioned him just that it hit me today:

1) I am equipped to handle this. There are so many people out there that could not handle this but I am prepared to face this challenge.

2) Again I have something to focus on that takes me away from focusing on and dwelling on loosing David. I have an additional mission to accomplish now.

3) We live in the City with the hospital that has one of if not the best hospital in the world to have this surgery preformed at.

I realize this is VERY minor compared to what it could have been and I believe that God spared us by making it so minor but it is going to potentially take many Dr. visits and multiple surgeries to correct. This is nothing compared to a severely disabled child and I am in no way comparing the two. I am saying that this is not something that will be corected quickly so I have a long term mission now in addition to caring for a new baby.

I bet our insurance company loves us this year!!!

11 comments:

  1. I've never made a comment on a blog other than family, but I've prayed for you and your little family from the time that I read about your Husband. All I can say is "YOU INSPIRE ME" May GOD continue to bless you mentally, spiritually, emotionally, physically and financially. HE is so good and faithfull!
    God Bless You,
    Melissa (in Texas)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a really positive outlook, good for you! I have been praying daily for your family and will keep up the prayers. She is a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special young lady you are! I am praying for you here in Arkansas! Isn't God good and isn't it amazing how He knows every little detail about our lives and goes before us preparing our way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited that you are ready for the journey that you and your children will take together. Now fasten those belts and hold on tight! God is a great driver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for Aubrey, you & your family as you go through this together. It is my joy & honor to be able to pray specifically on your behalf. I also wrote about you on my family blog & posted a link to your website on my Facebook page. The power of prayer is amazing and I hope you feel "enveloped & surrounded" in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gretta Voss told me about you on FB. Thinking of you as you face difficult times. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. May God comfort you with peace and understanding and the promise of seeing your husband in Heaven.
    Blessings today, tomorrow ans d always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful baby and beautiful name. Grace is my favorite all time name for a girl. Classic, Fun, Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad Aubrey is doing well! You mentioned in your post about not comparing your child to a severely disabled child, etc. As the mother of a disabled child, just let me say, it doesn't matter if your child is "severely disabled" or not, if something is wrong with YOUR child, it's tough. You have as much right to worry, be sad, rejoice, whatever, as anybody else. You do have a long road ahead with surgeries, MD visits, etc, but like you said, you are in the right place for all this to be taken care of! God sent you Aubrey for a reason, and I am glad you have had an insight into that reason! I will continue to pray for you and your family. I hope this post doesn't come across the wrong way--I had a hard time coming up with the right words, which I still don't think I found--but just wanted you to know every situation is special. Hope Grant feels better soon!

    Dana in Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an inspiration you are and a positive outlook! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog and learning more about your family. You have faced many challenges this year, yet you still have a wonderful attitude. The grace with which you handle things is an inspiration to the rest of us. But don't think that because Aubrey's cleft palette is correctable and she isn't "severely disabled" that you aren't allowed to be upset and worried. It's tough having a sick child, no matter what. Perhaps God gave you Aubrey (and losing David) because He knows how strong you are and because He knew you would let His love shine through you in these circumstances. Your grace today brings glory and honor to God and I thank God for you. My family is praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily - You are just simply incredible.

    Keep the photos coming! I agree completely, she is sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete