Friday, March 13, 2009

3.12.09 -- OB Visit

Today I had an OB visit at 2pm, and I found out that me and one of David's Aunt's Share the same Dr. She is a Wonderful Dr. and she ACTUALLY knew my Husband David becuase he would ACTUALLY go to the Dr. visits with me and they were all so impressed by him because of that. Well I had 1 factor come back positive from my 4 hr glucose screen on Monday, but you have to have 2 to be considered a gestational diabetic. The bad news however is that I am still expected to follow the diet and the factor that came back positive was one that contributes to having LARGE babies (Grant was 9,2 so this is not a big suprise). Her heartbeat was strong and I am still measuring large so I have another appointment with the Dr and for another ultrasound on 3/24. I cannot wait to actually see her again! I feel like it will be extremely reasuring.

12 comments:

  1. So glad that things are progressing well with your pregnancy. prayers from tampa
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome to still have that part of your husband with you always as this child. I will pray for a healthy pregnancy as you get closer to meeting your sweet daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading your blog here and there and again, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you and Grant are going through right now. I am so happy that your family knows Christ and His love and like you said in an earlier post - you really haven't lost David; you know exactly where he is. I am praying that you continue to have a healthy pregnancy and that God continues to wrap you up in love.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi -- A friend just told me about your blog this morning so I wanted to come over and "meet" you and introduce myself.
    I, too, live in Tx and my husband died suddenly in Dec. of 2007. We have 6 children and life is now very different.
    I'll be popping in and keeping up with you and praying for you as well.
    I am so incredibly sorry that you, too, are on this path. So very sorry.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continuting to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a good OB visit. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily,
    You don't know me, but I feel a connection, as I have two friends named Emily Kate/Emily Katherine. Just wanted to let you know a Christian sister is praying for you...

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad things went well at the doctors. I have always loved the name Aubrey and I'm glad you were able to choose your daughters name with your husband. I would have liked to have named my youngest daughter Aubrey but our friends beat us to it. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just came across your blog through Kelly's Korner prayer list. I am so sorry for your loss, but I am so thankful that you know the Lord and he can carry you through this tough time. I pray your little girl is healthy. May God bless you, your son, and your baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came across your blog from Kelly and just wanted to say that I am sorry for your loss. On another note, my 4 year old daughter is also named Aubrey Grace and my husband named her. It is a beautiful name, if I do say so myself.
    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you had a good OB visit! Just wanted to let you know you continue to be in my prayers!

    God Bless from a fellow Texan not that far from you.

    ReplyDelete