Friday, March 06, 2009

3.6.09 -- Funeral



Today we had David's Funeral. It was exactly what I wanted to pay proper respect for his life and to properly reflect his love for his Lord. I cannot believe how easy today was I was terrified but I was able to keep reminding myself that I have not LOST him because I know exactly where he is! I was fine until we walked out of the Church and Grant lost it crying, it was terribly painful!

11 comments:

  1. I know today was a hard day for you. Like I've told you before I know the pain and all of the emotions you are going through.I'm here for you when you want to talk.

    I'm thinking and praying for you and your family.

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily- Having no choice but to get thru today the day of the funeral, I think everything was perfect. In some ways , I agree it was easier than I thought it would be. And thats because, like you said we know where David is and we will all be together again someday. I am so proud to be David's sister and for all the wonderful things said about him today. I don't think I have ever been to a funeral that was so heartfelt and loving. I miss my brother so much and deeply it feels like my heart is broken, so I can only imagine how you must feel.I am thankful we had the opportunity to be together as a family with David till the end so he was not alone. You and Grant (and baby Aubrey) were David's everything and we are here to help you continue David's legacy. Love- Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you in Kentucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing way to look at his passing. You do know exactly where he is and I am sure that is a great comfort. I am praying for your family.
    --Angie, Louisiana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please know that I'm praying for you and children.
    Hillary in Mississippi

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The memory of the righteous shall be a blessing". Prov 10:7

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a beautiful service full of people who loved David and his family. Please let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so strong! I am praying for you!!!!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heartfelt condolences goes out to you, Grant and your family at this time...

    You and your family will be in our prayers...

    God Bless....

    ~Lynn/Oklahoma City

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you through Kelly's blog and I just wanted to say that I'll be praying for you! There really isn't anything else I can say other than God will be hearing from me petitioning to Him to help you through this grief, your pregnancy, and continuing to raise your son.

    Love, Hugs and lotsa Prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to let you know, my teenage son, daughter and I are praying for you from here in Central Oregon. May you have peace and joy even in time of sorrow. I am SO glad you know where he is and know you will be together again some day. Maybe He is getting aquainted with his daughter right now.....I believe babies and young children still have close contact with heavenly places!! My 6 year old Sister Sally told my Mom she knew she was going to die the day before she did.(childhood Leukemia in 1970...no cure then) My Mom asked her how she knew....Sally replied "The Angels told me so". Sally left us for Heaven the next day.
    Blessings- LillySue

    ReplyDelete