Saturday, March 07, 2009
3.7.09 -- Burial
Today we placed my husband earthly vessel in the ground. My Cousin Oscar Wesley Henson preached the service and it was a wonderful Country burial in a little country cemetery with a beautiful little 1800's era Baptist Church on the Grounds. I was doing extremely well until Grant (almost 6 and learning to read) went up to the concrete lid with the metal plate with the name and date on it and read it and said, that's my Daddy's name. Once again I lost it and started crying. It is amazing how he is the only one that can set me off. I feel like I am a big girl and I can handle it but I cannot repair the hurt in Grant's heart and how he cannot understand what is going on right now. It is soooo frustrating. Afterwards we went to my uncle's house and had a country family lunch and I was able to make a short Kaboda ride to the lake at the disaproval of MANY family members. Everyone is saying that it looks like I have dropped and they are all panicked!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't really have any words for you, so just know that we are praying for you.
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for you and and Grant during this most difficult of times..
ReplyDeleteGod's Blessings,
Lynn in TX
Found your blog through Kelly's. I live in Houston and am praying or you during this difficult time.
ReplyDeleteKim
I also found your blog through Kelly's and I'm praying for you. God Bless.
ReplyDeleteAllie