Thursday, March 05, 2009
3.5.09 -- Visitation
Well tonight I survived the visitation. I was extremely concerned becuase we are now to the emotional part of everything where they pull at your heartstrings. I cannot tell you how many people were there but there was a line for three hours! It was unbelievable. The preacher now expressed concern on whether the Church would be able to handle that many people and there are two overflow areas. I cannot tell everyone what the outpouring of Christian Love that we have received. I don't really know how to handle it because my blog is for the grandparents and to keep a journal of our family events, but I sure would give anything to go back to my Ordinary Family Life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thinking of you...your family is in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers tonight.
ReplyDeletePraying for you, Grant, and the rest of your family...
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for the loss of your precious David. May your family and friends be of comfort to you as many are praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss. I just happened upon your blog tonight as a link from another. Please know that I will be on my knees praying for you and your babies.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was 4 (and my sister barely 2), my father passed away and as a mother myself now I often wonder now how my mom made it through those "rough mommy days" when we were young.
It is amazing to look back and see how God was always with us, despite very tough circumstances.
I hope you can rest in the hope and knowledge that our God is great, and he will never leave you or give you more than you can handle.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious husband. I do not know what you are going through, but I want you to know. I lifted my hands in the air today several times, asking the Lord for his perfect peace to comfort you, Grant and your family. That He continue to protect your hearts and cover you with His presence.
ReplyDelete-Praying in San Diego
I am so sorry for your loss. I happened upon your blog from another blog. Your story has pulled at my heart. You are in my prayers as you face this very difficult road ahead. May you feel comfort and peace in His hands.
ReplyDeleteYou are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers will be dirrected on yours and Grants strength to endure the funeral.
I have to say, I came here from another blog that linked to you and I was reading through your terrible ordeal.
I saw the text from the song here I am over on the right side of this page. What a testimony, I know you wrote that a long time ago but how it spoke to me about the situation you are currently in...
Somehow my story is a part of His plan.
It is. It is.
May the Lord lift you and your family up in this difficult time of need. I will pray for you all.
ReplyDeleteI don't know you, but I am so sorry for what you have to go through. I wont even beging to pretend I know what you are going through. The only thing I know is Who God is and what He can get us through. I will be praying for you and I pray that this time in your life will bring you closer to Him and not farther away. I pray that you feel God comfort and peace. A peace that passes all understanding for those whose minds are stayed on him. I will continue to keep reading your blog for awhile and I will keep praying for you.
ReplyDeleteMy heart aches for your family. Please know that we are all praying for you.
ReplyDeleteI do not know you, but just wanted to stop by to let you know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. It is hard to believe right now, but God will not put more than you can handle on you. Many prayers are coming your way to get you through the next few hours, days, and months!
ReplyDeleteHugs and Prayers from Arkansas,
Donna M
I am so sorry for your loss. I just do not know what to say other than I am praying for you and your sweet babies. It's so hard to see God's hand in the midst of all of this, I'm sure. He will carry you, though. And He Loves. And, He is in control.
ReplyDelete-praying for you in Indiana
I have just found your blog and I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious husband....please know that you are on my heart and mind right now....Praying for you in Maine
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through another blog. I want you to know that I am praying for you and so very sad for your loss. I can't even imagine your pain. May you feel God's continual presence.
ReplyDeletePraying in Indiana.
God is with you always. My prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteMy heart is burdened for you today. I'm so sorry God's will wasn't your earthly desire. I am praying for you, for baby Aubrey Grace, and for dear Grant.
ReplyDeleteBonded in prayer as your sister in Christ,
Jacquelyn, Delaware
Lfting your precious family to HIM. Praying for comfort, JOY and peace today, tomorrow and all the days ahead.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Katie. I am so sorry for what you are going through. My family just went through the same thing. My husband died in his sleep while he was working at the fire house. You can google his name. Paramedic Brian Neville, we live in MD. I have 3 very young children. My youngest was only 2.5 months old. It has been since October and we are doing ok! My boys, 4 and 5 miss him so much. As a Mom, it is so hard, to watch my kids miss him every day! And my baby will never know him! So far, every day is a lot of work but I am figuring it out. I know you will. I found your blog through a prayer request on another blog! Please feel free to contact me if you need anything or have any questions. I know I had a ton in the beginning and what to tell my children. But it all DID work out. Knowing someone going through the same thing is a big relief. I was hooked up with many others going through the same thing. God Bless you, and I am so sorry for what your going through. It is not easy....WE KNOW!! www.5nevilles.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteLifting up prayers for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteCome to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
ReplyDeleteI am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I really cannot even imagine. My husband has the same birthdate as David... but 1979, and for some reason, that just made it hit even closer to home.
ReplyDeleteI lost my father to cancer when I was 12, my brother was 11, and my baby sister was 5. I know (well, I don't really know, but you get what I'm saying) how difficult it was for my mother, but your children will carry you through. As hard as I can imagine it is, you have to wake up and be strong for them. I am so sorry that Aubrey will never know the love of her father, but remind her daily that she was daddy's girl and he chose her name especially for her. You all will always have a guardian angel, and you WILL feel his presence often.
I wish there were something anyone could do to ease your pain, but that will come in time. God bless you all.
2 Corinthians 5:7
I am praying for your family
ReplyDeleteduring this time of tremendous
grief.
May God Bless you and your family during this time and in the future. You have a angel in heaven that will be by your side forever!
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog through a prayer request from Kelly's Corner, prayer is powerful and we are all God's family. I send you a big hug!
Marie
Lake Arrwohead, ca
Praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteaccept all the love & strength from everyone...hoping it can help sustain you as life begins to return to your new "normal"...prayers to get through it all today & all the tomorrows...
ReplyDeleteThe Hollands in San Antonio
Emily,
ReplyDeleteYou may not remember me (my mom is Kay) but we got our hair cut by your mom for years. She and my mom were friends. I stumbled upon your blog through a link from another blog of someone I've never even met and I was shocked to realize that this story was someone I actually know! I wanted to let you know that we are praying for you in this time of heartbreak.
well, my friend, god has sent us strangers family members, etc, to help carry your mat through this very tragic time. big hugs to you. embrace the support and know that i too wil be praying for you. may god put peace in your heart to sustain the emotions for you. hugs...
ReplyDeleteWe're praying for you, too. You don't have to know how to handle it; just be there for your kiddos and know that you are not alone.
ReplyDeleteFollowing Kelly's blog led me here - I am teared up thinking of how you must feel. My husband lost his 28 yr old brother 6 mo. ago to cancer and he had been married for about 6 weeks, so we as family are helping share the burden with his sweet wife. But we too praise God for who He is and although it doesn't make sense, we rejoice that you know the Lord and that David is with him, as it makes the pain bearable. Time is continuing to help, we still mourn but it's not the same as those first few weeks where you feel numb and surreal almost. I know that life seems to stop, but for your kiddos, I know the Lord will give you just the amt of strength you need for ea. day and what a neat thing reading how your husband named your daughter, what a gift from the Lord. I will continue to pray for you.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers...wishing you peace and grace as they days pass. With His Love,
ReplyDeleteHeather in NC
Emily - Still praying. I know how surreal everything seems right now. My husband had a heart attack in October and just now I am beginning to process some of my feelings. He did not pass away, but our lives have certainly changed. God is right there. Trust His heart.
ReplyDeleteYou sweet things, I know there are no words, but there is power in prayer and I'm on my knees.
ReplyDeleteI will pray for you and your family. I am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteEmily, I am praying for you and Grant. I have a friend who just went thru a similar situation 2 weeks ago, if you need someone to talk to let me know and I can put you in touch with her. She is a Christian and though miles will separate you ( we are in Indiana), that won't make a difference with the Body of Christ. I will pray for you everyday..please know we all care about you and love you. Genah
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for your loss. I can't imagine. You are so strong.
ReplyDeleteThoughts and prayers from Utah.
Father, only you can comfort this family the way they need to be comforted. Touch them Father. So be it.
ReplyDeleteI was sent to your blog through another and wanted to tell you that you and your sweet children are in our prayers. I could never imagine what you are going through but I know that the Lord is with you and your family.
ReplyDeletePrayers from West Texas
Oh my, no words can express how I feel for you and your family. I literally do not know what to say other than you will all be in my prayers. I can not stop crying thinking about what you are going through, but I know He can get you through this.
ReplyDelete