
Well today I went and took the 4 hour Glucose Screen that I was told by my Dr. to do two weeks ago (for some reason at the time being with my husband seemed to be more important, she will have to understand). After the vampires were finished the lady looked down at my James Avery Charm bracelet and commented on how beautiful it was. She told me that she had one but it was just a cheap one and then she asked who gave me mine. I started crying and told her my husband had passed away on the prior Sunday, and then I showed her each Charm and told her the Story behind it.
http://secure.jamesavery.com/index.jsp
Skis -- David got this for me when we were dating and his family took me on their ski trip with them our freshman year of College.
Heart and Mommy -- Grant picked this out in 2007 for valentines day. David tried to talk him out of it telling him that they could get it for Mother's day instead and he told him "Daddy it is a heart and it says Mommy it is perfect." who could resist that!
Open Heart -- Mission Recognition Award from Acteens from 1999 when I helped with the Girls.
Butterfly Cross -- My Friend Vicki gave me this one because she said that it reminded her of me.
Seashell -- Grant and David got this for me for Mother's Day becuase they said that shells were like Mother's all are diferent, beautiful, unique, and treasures.
Turtle -- David got this one when we were dating because I LOVE turtles!
Rocking Horse -- David sent me to pick the one I wanted to represent Grant's Birth.
Horseshoe -- It was sewn into the hem of my wedding dress and went down the isle with me. It is an old English Royalty tradition.
Shopping Bag -- Vicki again, she said that it just looks like me. I don't wear jewlery but I LOVE James Avery.
Beach Chair -- Represents our trip to Hilton Head, SC! It was very special.
Bell -- Vicki again from the Christmas before last.
Dog Bowl -- This is for our furry child Zeke.
Heart one side larger -- This one is for the Baby that we lost at 14 weeks because of an ectopic pregnancy that I was not sure that I would survive. It is called a mother's love.
I have another one to add that was given to me on Saturday by Mary a special family friend it is an angel with two children around it. I cannot wait to take it on Friday and add it to the collection.
Well Enough! I would really like to thank everyone SO MUCH for the wonderful outpouring of Christian love that we have received. I cannot tell you how comforting and reasuring it has been (it has also been a good distraction and I would like to Thank EVERYONE SO MUCH from the bottom of my heart!!!!
I just came across your blog, and I just want to say that I am sorry for your loss!!! There aren't even words to express the pain I feel for you. I know you will see him again and be reunited as a family. I wish you all the best with the birth of your daughter, and as you attempt at getting a "normal" life again. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteAnna from Utah
I also just came across your blog and my heart hurts for you and your son. I have prayed on and off for you all day. I will continue to do so.
ReplyDeleteaww! i loved hearing about the charms on your bracelet! that was really neat! hope you are doing ok. just checkin in on you.
ReplyDeleteMay God's richest blessings be poured out on you and Grant and your family.
ReplyDeleteI also love hearing about the charm bracelet :)
Remembering you daily
Emily in Oklahoma
Thinking of you, what a great story to have with you at all times! :) Shows that so many care about you.
ReplyDeleteHello...
ReplyDeleteI would like to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I cannot even imagine the pain that you and your child are going through at this time. Please know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers. I hope that you get a great report from your visit today...
The bracelet is beautiful. Its nice to know that you will always have that special memory.
Just a reminder that you are being lifted up daily in San Diego. Praying that each day you will be able to rest, feel the Lord's presence and be covered in His peace. Grant remains on my heart that the Lord will protect his little heart. Know that the Lord is with you guys.
ReplyDeleteHi Emily and Grant!
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me, but I am a friend of Amber's and she posted your blog on her site. I just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers and I am so sorry for your loss. I pray that the Lord continues to give you the strength and peace only He can give! God bless both of you! Sending warm hugs your way!!
Message for Grant:
Grant, I want you to be the best big brother you can be to Aubrey! You tell her as much as you can about Daddy, okay!
Emily -
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of James Avery, but I loved seeing the picture of your bracelet and hearing the stories behind the charms. I trust you will make many more memories and add on more with as precious stories as the ones on now have.....
I belong to a forum for triplet families and one of the daddies just lost his wife. His prayer request is that his children will not loose their love for the Lord nor their faith in God because of this. That is my prayer for Grant. Praying for your physical, emotional, and Spiritual strength as you continue to experience and process this loss.
Emily -
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of James Avery, but I loved seeing the picture of your bracelet and hearing the stories behind the charms. I trust you will make many more memories and add on more with as precious stories as the ones on now have.....
I belong to a forum for triplet families and one of the daddies just lost his wife. His prayer request is that his children will not loose their love for the Lord nor their faith in God because of this. That is my prayer for Grant. Praying for your physical, emotional, and Spiritual strength as you continue to experience and process this loss.
Thanks for sharing your charms with us. My 8 year old dauther has one that we have tried to make special for her.
ReplyDeleteYour family continues to be in my family's prayers. Your positive attitude is amazing and inspiring.
I wanted to pass a book onto you that a friend of mine has read and really enjoyed. It's called Rain On Me - Devotions of Hope and Encouragement During Difficult Times.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy reading your blog and pray for you and your family often even though I don't know you in the least.
Prayers and blessings,
Kara
My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I love the name that you have picked out for your daughter...I actually have a great niece with that name but Grace is the last name. Anyway. God bless you as you continue down the road.
ReplyDeletehi
ReplyDeletejust wanted you to know we're thinking about ya
I love love love the charm the bracelet. Where are the charms purchased??
I came across your blog and wanted you to know you have been and will continue to be in my prayers. I am so very sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteJust stopping back over to remind you that you are still in thought and prayer as you walk this road. God has really placed you on my heart as well as your precious son and baby. May He fill you with the peace that can only come from Him.
ReplyDeleteI love your charm bracelet. A tradition we have is to collect charms from the time a girl is born and on her 10th birthday she is given a bracelet with the charms. I have continued this with both my daughters and just bought one for my granddaughter that was born in Nov. I am actually on my 3rd bracelet. Everyone loves hearing the stories behind the charms. Please continue this legacy your husband started. We continue to lift all of you up in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for the loss of your husband. Please try and stay strong. Bless your family
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog thru Kelly's Korner and my heart goes out to you and your family. Your courage and strength have encouraged me to not take any moment for granted. Thank you for sharing - you are touching so many more lives than you will ever know.
ReplyDeletei just came across your blog and i'm fighting back the tears. i am a hospice nurse so i see death day after day. most of the time i can appreciate the joy and release that heaven provides for those that pass but sometimes, like now, the grief for the living blows me over. hang in there girl! all the sudden, my husband doesn't irritate me at all. oh, the love we have for our husbands! may your love for him continue and deepen through this time. i will be thinking of you, eventhough i don't know you. we are sisters.
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog from Kelly's Korner. I'm so shocked at the sudden loss of your husband. You didn't even have time to fully cope with the cancer diagnosis. I'm sorry you no longer have him here with you. Your faith is great, and you will see him again.
ReplyDeleteI grew up in San Antonio and also love James Avery jewlry. I have a charm bracelet and also started ones for my daughter's. I love that the charms tell their own story.
God Bless You!