
I wanted to share something with you guys that I did not post a few weeks ago and I should have (it has MUCH more significance now than it did then). David went out and bought us a copy of Fireproof at Walmart the DAY it came out. We were busy with Grant and life and did not watch it immediately, but one night about a week before he went to the hospital Grant went to bed early (unheard of) and we sat down together and watched this movie. I cannot tell you how happy I am that we had this evening together! After the movie was over we sat there and discussed it and our marriage, these moments were and will always be PRICELESS because we BOTH knew EXACTLY where we stood with each other right before we went down this path together.
On Monday before I left the hospital for the evening to be with Grant on 2/23/09, his parents left the room for a minute and I sat on the side of his bed and told him that I was not sure what was in store but that we had walked every road together since we were 17 and that I would be right there by his side while we walked this road (never imagining where the road was leading at that time). I am honored to say that the LORD gave me the strenght to be right there by his side until the VERY end, it was then that I turned him over to Jesus until we meet again.
I saw a prayer request for your family on another blog and I came here to read more. My heart aches for your loss.
ReplyDeletePlease know that there are brothers and sisters in Christ who will be praying for you and your sweet little ones, and we will continue to do so.
I found your blog after reading a post on Kelly's. May God wrap his arms around your family during this difficult time. Just by reading your posts I see your faith in God shining through. God bless you today and all of the days to come.
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog from Kelly's blog. I can't express how sorry I am for your loss. It struck me particularly hard because I too am pregnant and due in May. I will be praying for you and your son and just asking that God surround you in all things during this time. Please continue to post your honest prayer requests so that we as a body of believers can lift you up in any way that you need.
ReplyDeleteKristin
I also found your blog from Kelly's. This blog world is crazy how it links strangers from anywhere....I have to say I have had a lump in my throat since. I have prayed for you and been dumbfounded by how fast your family changed. I will continue to pray for you. I am so thankful for my family & sometimes in these trials it is witnessing others faith that blesses others. I think you have done that. What a HUGE THING to know how you & David stood, and to have named your sweet girl already, and the time (although WAY TOO fast!) to say goodbye. Surely these days He is carrying you through, just holdfast.
ReplyDeleteBless you~ Ada in Coastal Cali
I will continue to pray for you!
ReplyDeletewhat an honor it is for me to pray for you and your sweet son and your aubrey. what a gift from God that david named her, and that you have this sweet memory of you and david as you discussed your strong marriage. your transparency through this ordeal will have lasting, eternal significance for others because of your willingness to share.
ReplyDeletemay God grant you peace and comfort today and in the days to come.
may aubrey's presence in you be a constant reminder of how much david loved you. and may you see your husband in your son's countenence, and may that be a blessing to your heart.
thinking and praying for you in tennessee
kimberly
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteI recently found your blog. Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family. For your continued strength, faith and healing.
Many blessings,
Michelle
I saw a link to your blog from kelly's.My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I cannot imagine what you are going through. Our Lord has a reason and plan for us, sometimes it's hard to understand that plan.I'm so glad you had those special moments with your husband. priceless
ReplyDeleteEmily,
ReplyDeleteYour amazing...we are praying for you.
Marie