Well today was our first holiday without David and I believe the first Easter that I have not heard him sing in Church in YEARS! We were there and April sat with us (YEAH!) After Church I ran into Mike (David and Mike were in a quartet together at our old church) in the front and he asked me where David was, he was so excited to see me and said that he had been looking for David in the choir and had not seen him. I did not realize that no one had let him know and everything happened so quickly he had not been notified (I felt horrible). Mike was devistated when I told him, and he acted like he just could not believe it! He had been so excited to see me because he knew David would be there too and they could sing together again, and I had to tell him that he had died. He hugged me and I just cried alot!
Well after Church I was feeling pretty crummy (I have been hurting all over) so I went home and we just bummed out all day. It was really what I needed to do. I really missed the party at David's Aunt's house and the annual walk, but I just could not handle it today with how I have been feeling.
That must have been so hard, I can't imagine! Know so many of us are praying for you.
ReplyDeleteI haven't commented in a while. I am still reading and praying for you.
ReplyDeleteYou continue to be in my prayers. I am also pregnant and my due date is May 18th. I too am struggling with pain all over and wonder how I will last another month! But my prayer today is that you be covered with God's healing touch, that you may sleep well, and feel comfortable today.
ReplyDeleteKristin
I read your blog a lot (I'm sorry if I don't always comment though), and I just wanted to let you know that I'm still praying for you and your son. I know it's hard getting through this.
ReplyDeleteHi. My name is Stephanie. I used to go to church with Amanda when we lived in Greenville. She commented once on my blog about having a friend who had recently lost her husband. I found your blog through her's.
ReplyDeleteI am 31 years old. We found out my husband's cancer was back one week before my son was born. Keith passed away 6 months later. It has been a little over two years since Keith went to be with the Lord. I know that things are crazy right now. I just wanted to touch base with you, and let you know that there is someone else out there who understands what you are going through. I would be glad to e-mail or talk with you sometime. The thing that has helped me the most is being able to talk to others who have experienced this same loss.
Stephanie
www.mccordfamilytx.blogspot.com
stephaniemccord@yahoo.com
Oh sweetie, that must have been so hard. I'm praying for you.
ReplyDeleteCxx
Emily, I think about you, Grant and the baby almost everyday!!! I wish we were closer and life was not pulling us in a million different directions. You know I'm an e-mail or phone call away if you need to talk. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteI think about you ALL the time and I am So praying that you will be about to see some light at the end of this tunnel soon!
ReplyDeleteMy preys our with you
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you and your sweet lil guy as you travel this road. God will be with you on the Bad days as well as the good.my fav saying, "If he leads you to it he will lead you through it, speaking of the Lord
ReplyDeletePrayes for peace..