Sunday, April 05, 2009

4.5.09 -- My Friend & Her Girls Baptism, Baby Shower













Well today was a crazy day! We started out the day by going to my friends church because her and her two little girls were getting Baptized that morning! What a blessing to see three people that are so close to me make this decision. It was already in the works when everything started happening with David but I believe that this helped her along in that decision. I have loved the Casting Crowns song "Lord I lift my Friend to you" I felt that this spoke to how much I wanted her to have a relationship with MY LORD and I fell so blessed that this is now resolved.

While we were at their church we ran into mutual friends that we did not know were mutual friends and she hugged me and asked why we were here and I told her that I was there to see my best friend from high school get baptized and she got a horrible look on her face and said, it is you! We use to live in the same neighborhood and she just knew us by our first names and had not made the connection that the people that she had been praying for she knew! She cried, I cried, we hugged as the children made laps around us in the pews. It was quite a moment.

Then I went home to find my house looked like PINK LAND! It was beautiful! While I was at Church Several gracious "Faries" decended on my house and turned it into babyshower land! I cannot tell you how beautiful it looked (even if just in my opinion) there was pink and tulle dripping from everything!

Thanks again to my WONDERFUL FRIENDS Gigi, Dede, Vicki, Mom, Megan.... you guys are awesome! And the award for driving the furthest goes to Rachel! Thank you for making the treck from Louisiana with an adorable diaper cake in tow! Then there was the amazing crew that showed up from work. Here are a few photos!

I cannot wait to start showing off the things that I got as Aubrey starts using them, but one friend in particular has a web site and an ETSY site and she brought some precious items that I cannot wait to get photos of her in and another friend brought an item like one she sells on her site. They are too cute! Check out her website for photos of a couple of the items, becuase I have not taken photos yet!
Dress:

5 comments:

  1. PRAISE THE LORD!

    I'm sure you had a wonderful time. Everything looks beautiful. Bless you and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hopped over from Kelly's Korner prayer list. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. From a fellow Houstonian. May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures look lovely! I'm keeping you in my prayers.

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! What sweet friends! We have the same little Mudpie dress and it is one of mine and Rhae's favorite outfits! We get so many compliments. Can't wait to see sweet Aubrey Grace in hers!

    Love,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable pettiskirt!

    I've been following your story since David's death, but I've never commented.

    I'm excited for Aubrey to get here!

    ReplyDelete