Friday, April 17, 2009

4.15.09 -- Grant's Sick

Well last night Grant woke up very sick! He threw up all night and had to stay home from school. It was a really rough night and even worse was thinking that in the future I will have to do this with two kids by myself! Lucky for me (but not mom, see later post) she was here to help me this time, but I took the night shift becuase she had to work the next day and I had already taken off to handle some business and to take Grant to the Dr. that doesn't give shots (as he refers to her). Today Aunt Raynel stopped by with some docs for us (THANK YOU SO MUCH) and she brought an absoloutely beautiful sympathy card (and I should now be qualified to be a sympathy card judge) and the most beautiful silver Hallmark ornament that says "always in our hearts." I love this becuase it reminds me that I am not the only one that has lost someone. Everyone around me is greiving his loss together and seperately.

1 comment:

  1. As a qualified judge of sympathy cards myself, I too sometimes forget the connection that other people had with my husband and that I am not the only one affected. It's not meant to be a selfish act, you are in a survival mode. I completely understand. I would love to get an ornament like the one you described. It is a wonderful way to remember the one we lost. I think of you often. Katie Wiesen

    ReplyDelete